Certificate in Whistleblowing Standards & Policy Implementation
Time & Location
About the event
“Blowing the whistle” is an obligation for the employees that allows the organisations to promptly detect any wrongdoing in terms of safety, ethics, compliance, good governance and financial crime. The significance of whistleblowing policies has been recognised by countries and regulatory authorities and we have noticed important amendments of the legislations in order to empower whistle blowers to speak up and promote transparency.
This course focuses on understanding the philosophy and mechanism of the whistleblowing policy and at the same time on assessing the difficulties, concerns and dilemmas during the implementation phase. We will present and analyse how to encourage employees to report wrong-doing and protect them when they become whistleblowers. This course will help the participants to understand the concept of retaliation and its negative impact on overall employee morale.
During the course we shall also present and discuss the bad practices of the whistleblowing policies, the causes, the risks and concerns and how organizations should deal with these cases that have caused significant damage to their reputation.
Finally, this course will enhance the understanding of local and international laws and regulatory frameworks, which influence significantly the implementation of the whistleblowing policy and affect the whistleblowers accordingly.
Who Should Attend
- Board of Directors
- Senior Management
- Auditors and Audit Committee Members
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Managers and Compliance team
- COO and Operations Executives
- Securities Analysts
- Chief Finance Officers
- HR and Quality Control Managers
- Risk Managers and Chief Risk Officer
Benefits of Attending
- Understand Whistleblowing process
- Learn how to implement an effective Whistleblowing policy
- Recognise the concerns of a whistleblower
- Understand the international standards and regulation regarding Whistleblowing
- Understand the Whistleblowing investigation and reporting process
- Learn how to apply a Whistleblowing code of practice